Toons These Days: Ep 66 Toons These Days: Ep 66

You know what really bothers me about this show? They're basically re-perpetuating the myth that ducks don't get killed if you give them bread. Because yeah, bread in reality will completely mess up a duck's insides.

Overall I think Breadwinners is another unwatchable present-day cartoon with too heavy an emphasis on ugly characters/jokes/design, and D the Dog of D's is shooting fish in a barrel again.

Smartphone VS Flip Phone Smartphone VS Flip Phone

Wow. I really am surprised by how much I liked that. I mean, I really did find it funny, but how? It's a flip phone opening and closing repeatedly. Nevertheless, I just got true laughs from a cartoon that was only 20 seconds long. Congratulations Nein!

P-Mation: "Checked Out" P-Mation: "Checked Out"

I don't quite understand Pencilmation anymore.

I'm going to start with the good things about this series. Pencilmation is very well animated. I can't deny that. The characters can move quickly and display a lot of emotion in a very short amount of time. It's pretty simple, and I can understand what's happening to the characters.

The problem is, (and here's the bad part) the characters are only being tortured. They're being attacked by a heartless pencil. Everything that the character who is different does is destroyed by a pencil who only wants to make his life worse. It just doesn't end. All the conformists in the series are winning, and they won't stop winning. It's like every character in Pencilmation is either emotionless or throwing a temper tantrum.

The Unexpected Visitor The Unexpected Visitor

Was that a jumpscare in the end credits?

malk - animated malk - animated

I didn't expect the cartoon to be this good. There are plenty of cartoons out there with somebody trying to get a point across and others can't understand. Normally such a cartoon is fucking annoying, but Malk did it right. This is a decent cartoon and did what it needed to actually be funny. I think the only thing that could be considered bad is the subtitles, they're a bit invasive. I don't really get why the characters are humanoid animals.

Did anybody else see that cat get put in the oven?

Valentine's Day 2012 Valentine's Day 2012

It's about damn time I made another review. I haven't done one in ages. I said in the previous one that it was my 199th review. I'm finishing with this 200th review special like I said I would. However due to some redesign shenanigans instead of saying 199 my stats now say 132 + 65. I don't know what happened there.
But I have not reviewed in over 2 years! The site got its layout changed and freaking Empire of Sock is here! OK now it's time for the actual review part of the review.

Videos this good are mostly absent in the Flash Portal, and generally hard to find even in the weekly/daily top 5. Grerling also happens to be one of the few flash creators that I can just binge on and watch all the videos. Another one is David Firth.

I was wondering how a clock managed to send people (more specifically Barfquestions) back in time after coming out of that microwave, since clocks aren't technically connected to time. Maybe this was a special clock. Maybe the microwave decided to give it powers based on its normal function. I think it's best not to think about that part.

I quite liked those cans that said 'NOT CURRY'. I think it's a pretty funny idea. It was a little weird when glass balls or something fell out of the male guy's face. I don't care how unrealistic the makeshift wheels and vehicle were, they were great regardless. I don't really know what to say (this is probably long enough)...

Good music, great animation, full fucking stars.
____
Now I think I'm not going to make another review on this site, unless I see something great that really needs a decent review, or some shitty thing that needs a word spike up the ass. I have grown a lot since my early days of Newgrounds, and if you're some other guy reading this who I gave an awfully terrible review that just wasn't called for and was incoherent evil, I would like to extend my apologies.

Valentine's Day 2011 Valentine's Day 2011

Amazing!

I enjoyed the beginning. I think it took me like 4 watches (this is my latest one so far) to realize the paper darts actually had forks on them. It didn't make sense to me that the dart that hit the socket curled up, but it was cool.

I didn't recognize the (awesome) music at the beginning and end, but the music in the middle was oddly familiar. I know I've heard that before, but where?

I liked the plug people and how they held their arms up, as if pleading. As usual the heroes and villains are hilarious. I liked the laser cannon coming from the two legged blue thing (and I'm sorry if there's an actual name). The ice cream to the face was awesome, and should have happened more.

I find the idea of a female Barfquestion a little bit weird. Most of them don't even have hair! Maybe they could, though that might cheapen it.

But what I really love about these is the derailment of the cheesy quote cliche. Instead of saying something lame and typical, the end will say something funny like 'I love you this much' or 'every day with you is more exciting than an icecream storm inside an electrical socket'.

Hey guess what? This is my 199th review! I'm going to finish with 200 reviews on the next flash you make.

Being cheerful is easy! Being cheerful is easy!

Hilarious throwing.

You know, these silent movies make me wonder about the sound. Obviously they are NOT silent, and if they can fit in music, why not dialogue?

Personally, if I was mutated to the point that both my eyes resided on one side of my head, and my mouth was all spiky... I could never be happy.

I love it when the song starts and he throws things around.

-Patience- -Patience-

RATED E!?

This should NOT be. That is VIOLENT man.

PinkSkull responds:

Sorry T-T
I've become really insensible to violence nowadays!

SS - Astral Projection SS - Astral Projection

Well shit.

I've tried the relaxation bit before, but after becoming heavy nothing happened. I was told by another website to do that. Ah god, my subconscious is not working for me. I'm it's metaphorical bitch at the moment.

Alright you SERIOUSLY need to give your videos the ability to pause. Right clicking and unchecking play only stops the video with most of these. Please fix that.
-------------------

OK. Now that I've seen the whole thing I can write much more.

That music transition was AWFUL. It could not be stopped either. That happened at the very end, but I feel it important to bring up now.

I like how you portray the 4th dimension. Most people think of it as time. That is bull. My dreams really do feel like hell sometimes.

I don't really believe in any religious stuff. ("hardcore" atheist 0uO DERP)
However, some old knowledge I do acknowledge, and think is interesting.

I totally do NOT believe in reincarnation because of the memory issue. Remember when you were a baby? Neither do I! Reincarnation implies your WHOLE LIFE is like that. If you have absolutely no memory of something, it's like it never happened.

I've noticed the symbol on your podium has changed. I kept looking at it without registering it! What is that?

Apparently you can listen to some weirdass soundtrack to lucid dream. My older brother showed it to me, forgot to give it to me, AND NOW he's in Australia so I can't get it from him. He probably lost it anyway.

"DAMN GUIDES." That made me laugh for the first time in the whole video.

I think what "Fear of Death" really means is that they are scared of being plunged into 'nothingness' which is pretty much sensory deprivation. A legitimate form of torture. Gasp.

I honestly don't believe you can prove some of these things.

RiverJordan responds:

For the record there's a warning on the preloader that says watch on YouTube if you need a pause button.

The symbol is a geometric lens of a level of consciousness

The soundtrack your looking for are binaural beats.

And I may not be able to prove it, but you are. Because ultimately your the only person it matters to you.